Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tulips at Sherwood Gardens

About a week before I went to Brighton Dam, I visited Sherwood Gardens in Baltimore for the first time.  What an amazing place in an urban setting!  The Gardens are located in a quiet Baltimore neighborhood.  It is actually a fairly large park, surrounded on each side by fairly pricey homes.  Each spring the local garden club plants about 85,000 tulip bulbs, which explode in a frenzy around the middle of April until the beginning of May.  Unfortunately, I arrived about a week too late for the full impact, and about an hour too late for better light.  I understand that the summer offers a grand show of annual flowers, so I will be sure to revisit then, as well as try to time my arrival better next spring!  Below is an example of some of the tulips, which are accented by another spectacular show of azaleas.


1 comment:

  1. I have fond memories of going to Sherwood Gardens with my mom as a child. What a beautiful display of nature's colors. Thank you for sharing!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete